Moncton: Open for Business
Moncton is located at the hub of the Maritime provinces in Canada. This strategic geographic position in the centre of the Atlantic Trade Gateway has helped the region become a transportation and distribution hub for road, rail and air cargo. Advanced transportation infrastructure combined with a competitive cost environment has supported the growth of the region’s manufacturing, retail, tourism and service sectors.
The region also continues to see growth in its technology-based sectors. Moncton is home to a number of world class firms in gaming technologies, knowledge industries and advanced manufacturing. Moncton’s back office cluster is one of the most successful in Canada and features companies such as UPS, FedEx, Purolator Courier, Royal Bank of Canada, Camco and ExxonMobil.Some of the reasons why multinational firms are locating in Moncton include:
- Ranked by KPMG as the lowest cost location for business in Canada.(2014)
- Features four of Atlantic Canada’s top business/industrial park campuses.
- Offers one of the fastest growing international airports in Canada (passenger and cargo).
- Offers a dynamic and growing downtown core with multiple available development opportunities.
- Is home to three universities, two public community colleges and multiple private, post-secondary colleges.
Over the next few years, we are working to develop several key sectors in our economy including:
- Transportation, logistics and distribution
- Health and life sciences
- Back office industries
- Information and communications technologies
- Alternative energies
- Retail and tourism
If your business is considering expanding into Moncton, we can help.
For more information contact the Economic Development Office.