The city manager is appointed by City Council as the chief administrative officer of the municipality in a council/manager form of government. The city manager provides leadership to all areas of municipal service in the day-to-day operations of the corporation and is responsible for a workforce of close to 700 employees. With an emphasis on professional management principles and performance management, the city manager is also accountable to Council for managing the operating and capital budgets.
The city manager is the city's representative on a number of public boards, commissions and committees. As the main link between Moncton City Council and the administration, the city manager ensures that Council receives professional and objective staff advice and recommendations.
In the City Manager's office are the following:
- Don MacLellan, Acting City Manager, General Manager of Community Safety Services
- Laurann Hanson, General Manager of Human Resources and Corporate Services
Also reporting to the City Manager are:
- General Manager of Economic Development and Events - Maurice Belliveau
- General Manager of Engineering and Environmental Services - Jack MacDonald
- General Manager of Finance and Administrative Services - John Martin
- General Manager of Legal and Legislative Services - Nick Robichaud
- General Manager of Parks and Leisure, Culture and Heritage - Catherine Dallaire
- Executive Assistant to the City Manager
View the City of Moncton organizational chart.