The Corporate Communications department promotes effective two-way communication on matters of the City of Moncton to employees and key external groups and individuals, while protecting and enhancing the City’s image.
Key Functions of this department:
- Maintain open, pro-active relationship with the media
- Inform all publics of the municipality's activities, issues, and initiatives
- Manage issues and crisis situations
- Develop and maintain the City of Moncton’s website
- Provide internal and external communications
- Design and produce publications (internal newsletter, annual report, etc.)
- Research and prepare written background materials and speaking notes
- Coordinate corporate advertising
- Ensure uniform visual identity for the City of Moncton
- Provide bilingual services
- Monitor and respond to public feedback
The City of Moncton has an active media relations program designed to keep the media and all publics informed of the municipality's activities, issues, and initiatives. As part of this effort, news releases and Public Service Announcements (PSAs) are issued regularly to provide media outlets with accurate information in a timely manner.
Please direct all City of Moncton media enquiries to the Corporate Communications media team at 506-853-3593.
Tours of Council Chambers
To book a tour of the council chambers for your organization, please call 506-853-3593, fax 506-856-4352, or send an e-mail.
Corporate Communications is committed to keeping the public informed and increasing awareness of City activities by providing accurate, honest and timely information. This is accomplished through:
- Advertising (i.e. “City of Moncton” page in local newspapers)
- Annual Report
- Brochures and other printed material
- Informing the local media
- Citizen Newsletter
- Social Media
Bilingual ServicesThe City of Moncton is committed to communicating with and informing the citizens of Moncton in both official languages. The Corporate Communications department monitors the corporation’s bilingual policy. This department also provides translation services to ensure that all communications are issued in both official languages.
For more information on the City of Moncton's policy on bilingual services, please call 506-853-3593, fax 506-856-4352, or send an e-mail.