Economic Development Office
Staff in the Economic Development Office are accountable for the planning, organization, coordination, and execution of City of Moncton initiatives in its efforts to identify economic development opportunities for the municipality and to create an environment that emphasizes Moncton’s “open for business” attitude.
Staff in the Economic Development Office also:
- Lead the development and implementation of a comprehensive Economic Development Strategy for the City of Moncton;
- Maximize public and private relationships with other individuals and groups pursuing economic development initiatives;
- Manage relationships with all stakeholders at the local, provincial, and national levels to coordinate and maximize efforts around economic development for Moncton;
- Guide development requests and projects through the municipal approvals process;
- Ensure the necessary economic development information on Moncton is available to all parties interested in doing business in the City of Moncton;
The Economic Development Office is located on the third floor of City Hall.