If you have any media inquiries, requests for interviews or would like to receive news releases issued by the City of Moncton, please call Corporate Communications at 506-853-3593 or send an e-mail.
Sign up to receive free e-mail notification for recent News Releases.
Some of Greater Moncton’s Highlights
- Ranked 1st for lowest cost of doing business in Atlantic Canada and the New England States for the 2nd consecutive time (KPMG Competitive Alternatives study).
- Amongst Canada’s top-10 best places to do business for the 4th consecutive year (Canadian Business Magazine).
- Amongst Canada’s top-10 best places to live for the 2nd consecutive year (MoneySense Magazine).
- Fastest growing urban centre in Atlantic Canada, and 10th fastest growing Census Metropolitan Area in Canada (2006 Census).
- Recognized by Readers Digest as the most polite and honest city in Canada.
- Identified as one of Canada’s best cities in which to retire (50+ Magazine).
- Known as the retail hub of the Maritimes with more than 1.3 million people living within a 2.5-hour drive of Moncton (2006 Census population data and driving time estimates from Mapquest.com).
- Retail sales expected to reach $2.3 billion in 2008, 32 per cent higher than the Canadian Cities’ average (Canadian Markets).
- Total value of building permits more than doubled over the past 10 years, jumping from below $60 million in the late ’90s, to above $130 million in 2007 (Canadian Demographics, The Financial Post).
- Percentage of post-secondary graduates is higher than the national average.
- Employment rate is higher than the national average.
- Highest average wages in New Brunswick.