Mapleton Park is the newest park in the city's system. It boasts 300 acres of nature nestled into Moncton's northwest corner. It offers something for nature lovers of all ages with interpretive panels throughout, ample bird watching, and portable washrooms.
There are nice viewing areas to watch the ducks swimming in the ponds or bird watch — a natural haven for all who love the outdoors. Featuring both accessible and more rustic nature trails, Mapleton Park is popular with walkers, runners and cyclists.
Wintertime attracts citizens to walking trails and ice skaters to the rink.
For more information, contact Parks & Leisure Services at 506-853-3516.
Mapleton Rotary Pavilion
With its rustic appearance and quiet surroundings, Mapleton Park has become a popular location for community groups as well as corporate entities to hold seminars and meetings. The Pavilion, located in Mapleton Park just off Mapleton Road, was built in partnership between the City of Moncton, Moncton West Riverview Rotary Club and the Province of New Brunswick and opened in April of 2003.
Please complete the following form to request a booking at Mapleton Rotary Pavilion, or call 506-853-3516 for more details.
$30/hr plus HST or $150/day plus HST for non profit groups
$60/hr plus HST for private functions
$60/hr plus HST or $300/day for corporate functions
$250 Security/Damage Deposit upon receipt of Contract for specific functions (payable to City of Moncton – postdated cheque) – refundable providing the rental is paid and the building and its contents are without damage.
Once your application is received at Parks & Leisure Services, you will receive a Reservation Contract confirming your booking and which will instruct you on the payment procedure.
All rentals must end by 11 p.m. - setup and cleanup time included (no overnight functions allowed)
All groups/individuals renting the Lodge are responsible for any damage to the building (inside or outside) or its contents during their rental time.
All groups/individuals must clean up all garbage and wipe up any spills before leaving the Lodge after their rental time. All doors and windows should be closed and locked when rental is finished. The park staff will return later to reset the alarms. Bottles and cans should be bagged and taken with rentee or left on site for the Friends of the Zoo recycling program.
There is no smoking allowed inside the lodge or within 40 metres of the building.
The lodge has the following:
- Beautiful setting in a quiet area
- Large deck with roof
- 2 large washrooms
- Wheelchair accessible (exception of the loft)
- Small kitchen with appliances: fridge, stove, microwave, dishwasher
- 10 six-foot folding tables and 60 folding chairs (for use inside) – Seating capacity is 60 as per Fire Marshall
- Main floor room – open concept
- Small loft upstairs
- Picnic tables outside on deck and on grassed area
- Large parking lot beside Lodge
- Heat and air conditioning plus ceiling fans
- Projector screen
- Telephone/Internet access
The lodge does not have:
- Liquor Licence: NB Liquor Licence must be obtained by rentee if serving any alcoholic beverage. Contact either NB Liquor Licensing at (506) 453-3848 or Service NB for application. Liquor Licence must be visibly displayed.
- Kitchen supplies: Dishes, linens, utensils, cutting boards, etc.
- Key for groups renting is not available. Parks staff open the Lodge for the rental.
- Audio visual equipment