Mapleton Park is the newest park in the city's system. It boasts 300 acres of nature nestled into Moncton's northwest corner. It offers something for nature lovers of all ages with interpretive panels throughout, ample bird watching, and portable washrooms.
There are nice viewing areas to watch the ducks swimming in the ponds or bird watch — a natural haven for all who love the outdoors. Featuring both accessible and more rustic nature trails, Mapleton Park is popular with walkers, runners and cyclists.
Wintertime attracts citizens to walking trails and ice skaters to the rink.
For more information, contact Parks & Leisure Services at 506-853-3516.
Mapleton Rotary Pavilion
With its rustic appearance and quiet surroundings, Mapleton Park has become a popular location for community groups as well as corporate entities to hold seminars and meetings. The Pavilion, located in Mapleton Park just off Mapleton Road, was built in partnership between the City of Moncton, Moncton West Riverview Rotary Club and the Province of New Brunswick and opened in April of 2003.
BOOKING INFORMATION: campcentennial.ca or (506) 853-3507
Address: 610 Mapleton Road
The lodge has the following:
- Beautiful setting in a quiet area
- Large deck with roof
- 2 large washrooms
- Wheelchair accessible (exception of the loft)
- Small kitchen with appliances: fridge, stove, microwave, dishwasher
- 10 six-foot folding tables and 60 folding chairs (for use inside) – Seating capacity is 60 as per Fire Marshall
- Main floor room – open concept
- Small loft upstairs
- Picnic tables outside on deck and on grassed area
- Large parking lot beside Lodge
- Heat and air conditioning plus ceiling fans
- Projector screen
- Telephone/Internet access
The lodge does not have:
- Liquor Licence: NB Liquor Licence must be obtained by rentee if serving any alcoholic beverage. Contact either NB Liquor Licensing at (506) 453-3848 or Service NB for application. Liquor Licence must be visibly displayed.
- Kitchen supplies: Dishes, linens, utensils, cutting boards, etc.
- Key for groups renting is not available. Parks staff open the Lodge for the rental.
- Audio visual equipment