> Home > Residents > Roads & Transportation > Licenses & Permits

Licenses & Permits

Licenses and Permits

A permit is required for all road closures and detours. To ensure a proper review process, all requests must be submitted 72 hours prior to the requested date of closure. For more information or to obtain a permit application, please contact the City of Moncton’s Engineering and Environmental Services:

Tel: 506-853-3525

If you would like to request road closure for a festival or event, please visit our Events section.

Applications must be made in person for the following services: 

  • Water and sewer connections
  • Special curb cuts or driveway openings
  • Culvert installations
  • Street or sidewalk closure