Behind the Scenes: Big Cats
Come learn about the fascinating world of tigers, why they are endangered, and how you can help. Then follow your guide to the behind the scenes area of the Amur Exhibit for a rare and close up look at how we care for these apex predators. It will be an experience that you’ll never forget!
- Complimentary water and juice;
- An educational presentation about tigers, their endangered status, and how you can take action to help this incredible species;
- A behind the scenes tour of the tiger building;
- An up close viewing of the tiger;
- A keeper presentation about the safety, care, and welfare of our tiger;
- Interpretation of the tiger exhibit;
- Admission to visit the rest of the zoo at your leisure after the experience.
Dates and Hours
- June 27, 2021
- July 20, 2021
- July 23, 2021
- July 27, 2021
- July 30, 2021
- August 5, 2021
- August 6, 2021
Hours: 8:30 am to 10 am
Cost: $55 per person
Note: This experience will be proceed when the Moncton (Zone 1) is in yellow phase. However, the experience will be cancelled and full refunds will be issued if the Moncton (Zone 1) is in orange, red or lockdown phases.
Participants and Reservations
- There will be up to 4 participants in the group.
- Group participants could include children, youth, and adults.
- Children must be at least 6 years of age and have the ability and willingness to listen, participate, and follow all safety instructions.
- Adult supervision is required for all children ages 6-17 years.
- One adult can be responsible for up to 2 children.
- All reservations must be pre-registered and full payment is required at that time.
- No refunds will be given within 14 days of the experience date but exceptions will be made in the case of illness, unforeseen circumstances or if the experience is cancelled by the Zoo.
- Reservations are available online using your Visa or MasterCard. Click here to book your experience.
- This program will be offered in compliance with New Brunswick Public Health Guidelines.
- All participants must follow the safety rules as set by the Zoo Staff. Failure to comply with these rules causing potential endangerment to themselves, other Zoo Staff, the general public, and the animals will result in immediate removal from the experience without refund.
- Participants will not have any physical contact with the tiger.
- This experience includes walking and standing for up to 60 minutes.
- During the experience, participants may be exposed to possible allergens, scents or other sensitivities, such as: hay, straw, wood shavings, peanuts, nuts, raw meat, and different animal scents.
- During the experience, all participants must wear closed toed and closed heeled shoes; and must spray the soles of their shoes with disinfectant prior to entry into the tiger building.
- During the experience, all participants must wear a mask in all behind the scenes areas and when social distancing cannot be maintained.
Questions? : firstname.lastname@example.org