Boo at the Zoo
This family friendly Halloween event features decorations throughout the Zoo’s 40 acre park and mild, moderate, and scary Halloween venues.
- View family friendly and picture worthy Halloween decorations
- Visit the Halloween venues
- Scaredy-Cats 1 venues are not scary for ages 0-7
- Scaredy-Cats 2 venues are moderately scary ages 8-13
- Scaredy-Cats 3 venues are scary for ages 14 and over
- Visit the zoo animals
- Play on giant inflatables (weather and conditions permitting)
- Play on the zoo’s playground
- Buy your lunch and snacks (additional cost)
Dates, Hours, Tickets
Dates: October 23, 24, 30, and 31, 2021
Hours: 10 am - 4 pm
- There are three arrival sessions each day: 10 am – 12 pm, 12 pm – 2 pm, and 2 pm – 4 pm.
- Visitors can arrive anytime during their booked session and your visit to the event is not limited to the two hour block.
- Visitors (ages 12+) must be able to show proof of vaccination or exemption upon entry.
- There is a limited number of tickets available each day.
- Tickets will be available for purchase 10 days prior to each event date.
- Visitors are strongly encouraged to purchase their tickets online to guarantee their date and session time.
- Visitors may purchase their tickets upon arrival if the tickets for the current session have not been sold out.
- Tickets are non-refundable and non-transferable.
- Visitors can enjoy a 5% discount when you buy your tickets online before you leave home and use the promo code MZM5.
Ages 13-18 & 60+
- Each venue is rated based on the level of scariness a visitor can expect to receive once entering the venue.
- The ratings are clearly labelled at the entrance of each venue.
- “Scaredy-cat 1” venues are not scary at all and display lots Halloween decorations (and sometimes zoo animals too).
- “Scaredy-cat 2” venues are animated with a few live actors that might make you jump once or twice.
- “Scaredy-cat 3” venues are filled with several full out scares with fully costumed live actors, spooky music, fog machines, and gory displays. Visitors may enter and enjoy these venues a maximum of 2 times per day.
- Costume accessories that could cause injury to other visitors are prohibited. (i.e. Fake swords, etc.)
- Visitors are prohibited to touch the actors animating the venues.
- Visitors cannot be barefoot and cannot wear face paint while playing on the inflatables.
- For last minute event changes or possible cancellations, visit our Facebook page: facebook.com/zoodemagnetichillzoo