The City’s Emergency Coordination Centre (ECC) continues to monitor ongoing developments of COVID-19 based on the requirements and recommendations of Public Health. When these impact our municipal facilities, we will update residents.
For all public health related inquiries, please consult the Government of New Brunswick's Coronavirus (COVID-19) website.
Status of municipal facilities
- Open on Saturdays
- Masks required at all times
- Masks remain required on the bus unless medically exempt, as outlined by the Department of Health
- Passenger capacity is 9 passengers per bus
- Passengers can only sit where there are open seats and must respect physical distancing (2m)
- Schedule remains as-is unless otherwise stated
- More info
Magnetic Hill Zoo
- Closed for the winter.
- More info
- Cancelled until further notice.
- This includes the Ian Fowler Oval, the neighbourhood skating rinks, the rinks at Centennial Park, Victoria Park, and Mapleton Park.
Crossman Community Centre/Kay Arena
- Horizon Health's Blood Clinic and COVID-19 testing site remain open, by appointment. Contact 811 to schedule an appointment or for any questions.
Regional Parks and Trails
- One-way signage is installed at regional park(s)
- As per the provincial guidelines, wearing a mask is highly recommended outdoors (trails, parks, etc.), and required when the 2-metre distance cannot be maintained
Winter Equipment Rentals
- Closed due to weather conditions. We will be reevaluating as weather conditions improve.
- Centennial Park: snowshoe and cross-country ski rentals
- Mapleton Park: snowshoe rentals
Face Coverings Required in all Municipal Facilities
Members of the public and employees are required to wear a face covering in municipally owned and operated buildings. Face coverings must be worn at all times when in the building, unless otherwise advised by an employee in situations where 2-metre physical distancing can be maintained or a physical barrier is present.
To read the policy in full, visit this link.