Animal Enrichment Workshops
Come learn about animal enrichment, why it’s important, and how you can help. Then enjoy hands on time making enrichment items for the animals. Finish your experience by meeting a zookeeper and watch one of the enrichment items being given to one of the animals at the Magnetic Hill Zoo!
- An educational presentation about animal enrichment and why it’s important;
- Hands on time to make 4-5 enrichment items for the animals;
- Meeting a zookeeper and watch an animal receive an enrichment item that was just made during the workshop;
- Admission to visit the rest of the zoo at your leisure after the experience;
- Complimentary water and juice.
DATES AND HOURS
- July 18, 2021
- July 24, 2021
- July 25, 2021
- July 31, 2021
- August 7, 2021
Hours: 1 to 3 pm
Cost: $35 per person
Note: This experience will be proceed when the Moncton (Zone 1) is in yellow phase. However, the experience will be cancelled and full refunds will be issued if the Moncton (Zone 1) is in orange, red or lockdown phases.
PARTICIPANTS AND RESERVATIONS
- There will be up to 8 participants in the group.
- Group participants could include children, youth, and adults.
- Children must be at least 6 years of age and have the ability and willingness to listen, participate, and follow all safety instructions.
- Adult supervision is required for all children ages 6-17 years. These adults must also register and purchase a ticket to the experience at the same time as registering their child.
- One adult can be responsible for up to two children.
- All reservations must be pre-registered and full payment is required at that time.
- No refunds will be given within 14 days of the experience date but exceptions will be made in the case of illness, unforeseen circumstances or if the experience is cancelled by the Zoo.
- Reservations are available online using your Visa or MasterCard. Click here to book your experience.
- This program will be offered in compliance with New Brunswick Public Health Guidelines.
- All participants must follow the safety rules as set by the Zoo Staff. Failure to comply with these rules causing potential endangerment to themselves, other Zoo Staff, the general public, and the animals will result in immediate removal from the experience without refund.
- Participants will not have any physical contact with the animals.
- This experience includes walking and standing for up to 20 minutes.
- During the experience, participants may be exposed to possible allergens, scents or other sensitivities, such as: hay, straw, wood shavings, raw meat, flour, other baking products, and different animal scents.
- During the experience, all participants must wear a mask in accordance to all Provincial and Municipal requirements depending on the current response phase for Zone 1.
Questions? : email@example.com