Plan your visit
The Magnetic Hill Zoo is Atlantic Canada’s leading zoo that educates and inspires conservation action. Please read the following information to plan your visit.
Dates and hours
April 2 - 30
*Closed on Tuesdays
|10 am - 4 pm||10 am - 4 pm|
|May 1 - 21||10 am - 4 pm||10 am - 4 pm|
|May 22 - Sept. 6||9 am - 5 pm||9 am - 5 pm|
|Sept. 7- Nov. 30||10 am - 4 pm||10 am - 4:30 pm|
Dec. 1 - Jan. 1, 2022
*Closed Dec. 24 & 25
|5 pm - 9 pm||5 pm - 9:30 pm|
Covid recovery phases: The Magnetic Hill Zoo may be open when the Moncton (Zone 1) is in yellow or orange phases. However, the Zoo will be closed and full refunds will be issued if the Moncton (Zone 1) is in red or lockdown phases.
- A limited number of tickets will be available during each arrival session.
- Visitors can arrive anytime during their arrival session and their visit length is not limited their arrival session time.
- All visitors are strongly encouraged to purchase their tickets online. Tickets are non-refundable and non-transferable.
- Tickets can be purchased up to four days in advance. An additional date is added daily.
- Visitors may purchase their tickets upon arrival if the tickets for the current session have not been sold out.
- The admission fees are as follows:
|Ages 19-59||Ages 4-12||Ages 0-3||Ages 13-18 & 60+|
|April 2 - May 21||$9||$7||Free||$8|
|May 22 - Jun. 25||$13||$10||Free||$12|
|Jun. 26 - Sept. 6||$16||$12||Free||$14|
|Sept. 7 - Oct. 31||$14||$11||Free||$13|
|Nov. 1 - Nov. 30||$10||$5||Free||$10|
|Dec. 1 - Jan. 1||$11||$6||Free||$11|
- Outdoor areas of the Zoo will be open.
- The animals will be available for viewing in the Ecodome and Imaginarium.
- The Acadian Forest Bistro’s vending machines, gift shop, playground, and washrooms (with exception to the Entrance building) will be open.
- Portable washrooms will be available in the parking lot.
- Wheelchairs are available on a first come, first served basis.
- The following services / experiences are also closed until further notice:
- The Container animal building,
- Animal contact areas,
- The Acadian Forest Bistro’s hot food service,
- Washrooms in the Entrance building,
- Toddler cart rentals.
- Wearing a mask is strongly recommended.
- Wearing a mask is mandatory in all buildings and when outdoors when physical distancing of 2 metres cannot be maintained. Exceptions apply for children 2 years of age and under.
- Individuals who are unable to wear a face mask due to a medical condition(s) must wear a face shield.
- Visitors must have a mask or face shield with them at all times.
- Do not visit the Zoo:
- If you are exhibiting any COVID-19 symptoms,
- If you have been advised that you are currently required to self-isolate,
- If you are waiting for a COVID-19 test or test results AND have been told you need to self-isolate,
- If you have travelled outside of New Brunswick within the last 14 days,
- If an individual in your household returned from outside of New Brunswick in the last 14 days for any reason, and now someone within your household has developed one or more symptoms of COVID-19.
- Visitors are not permitted to bring their dogs into the Zoo. Service dogs, with current vaccinations and a rabies tag visibly displayed on their collar are permitted in the Zoo.
Visitors are required to:
- Follow New Brunswick Public Health guidelines,
- Wear a mask or face shield inside all buildings and when physical distancing of 2 metres cannot be maintained,
- Practice social distancing,
- Practice good personal hygiene,
- Respect all safety barriers and signage,
- Follow the one-way walking paths,
- Refrain from smoking inside the Zoo,
- Treat the animals with respect,
- Only feed the animals in the designated areas with the feed available for purchase.
- Memberships purchased for 2020 will be honoured until June 9, 2021.
- No new memberships will be sold in 2021.
- Complimentary tickets will be accepted.
- Gift certificates are available for purchase online. Gift certificates can be redeemed to purchase regular admission.
- The Zoo will maintain a significantly reduced occupancy level to allow for physical distancing. This may result in wait times at points of entry during peak visitation.