Plan your visit
The Magnetic Hill Zoo is Atlantic Canada’s leading zoo that educates and inspires conservation action. Please read the following information to plan your visit.
As announced by the province of New Brunswick, effective Wednesday, September 22, 2021 all visitors 12 years and older will be required to be fully vaccinated to access the Magnetic Hill Zoo.
To visit the Zoo, all visitors 12 years of age and older must:
- have received two doses of a COVID-19 vaccine; or
- be unable to receive COVID-19 vaccine for medical reasons.
Visitors must be able to show proof of vaccination or exemption upon entry. Along with your tickets, please bring your:
- Government issued photo ID
- Record of vaccination or letter of medical exemption (original, scan, photo, or results from an official online service, i.e., MyHealthNB.ca). Records may be provided on paper or on your phone.
If you purchased tickets before September 22, 2021 and are unable to attend because of your vaccination status, please contact the Admissions team at 877-7720 or email@example.com for a refund.
Visitors are also required to wear a mask in all indoor buildings.
Dates and hours
April 2 - 30
*Closed on Tuesdays
|10 am - 4 pm||10 am - 4 pm|
|May 1 - 21||10 am - 4 pm||10 am - 4 pm|
|May 22 - Sept. 6||9 am - 5 pm||9 am - 5 pm|
Sept. 7- Nov. 30
*Closed Sept. 30
|10 am - 4 pm||10 am - 4:30 pm|
Dec. 1 - Jan. 8, 2022
*Closed Dec. 24 & 25
|5 pm - 9 pm||5 pm - 9:30 pm|
- Visitors can arrive anytime during their arrival session and their visit length is not limited their arrival session time.
- For the fastest entry time, all visitors are strongly encouraged to purchase their tickets online. Tickets are non-refundable and non-transferable.
- Tickets can be purchased up to ten days in advance. An additional date is added daily.
- Visitors may purchase their tickets upon arrival if the tickets for the current session have not been sold out.
- There will be limited tickets available for the Boo at the Zoo (October 23, 24, 30, and 31) and Wild Lights special event (dates to be announced).
- The admission fees are as follows:
|Ages 19-59||Ages 13-18 & 60+||Ages 4-12||Ages 0-3|
|April 2 - May 21||$9||$8||$7||Free|
|May 22 - Jun. 25||$13||$12||$10||Free|
|Jun. 26 - Sept. 6||$16||$14||$12||Free|
|Sept. 7 - Oct. 31||$14||$13||$11||Free|
|Nov. 1 - Nov. 30||$10||$10||$5||Free|
|Dec. 1 - Jan. 8||$11||$11||$6||Free|
- Outdoor areas of the Zoo will be open.
- The animals will be available for viewing in the Imaginarium, Ecodome, and Container.
- The Acadian Forest Bistro's vending machines, gift shop, playground, washrooms, and the animal contact areas will be open.
- The Acadian Forest Bistro’s hot food service will be open on the weekends.
- Portable washrooms will be available in the parking lot.
- Wheelchairs and toddler carts are available for rent upon arrival and on a first come, first served basis. Toddler carts are not recommended for children under 18 months of age.
- The following services / experiences are also closed until further notice:
- Pony rides
- Face painting and temporary tattoos
- Daily zookeeper presentations (feeding times)
- Do not visit the Zoo:
- If you are exhibiting any COVID-19 symptoms,
- If you have been advised that you are currently required to self-isolate,
- If you are waiting for a COVID-19 test or test results AND have been told you need to self-isolate,
- Visitors are not permitted to bring their dogs into the Zoo. Service dogs, with current vaccinations and a rabies tag visibly displayed on their collar are permitted in the Zoo.
Visitors are required to:
- Follow New Brunswick Public Health guidelines,
- Wear a mask in all indoor buildings,
- Practice social distancing,
- Practice good personal hygiene,
- Respect all safety barriers and signage,
- Refrain from smoking inside the Zoo,
- Treat the animals with respect,
- Only feed the animals in the designated areas with the feed available for purchase.
- No new memberships will be sold in 2021.
- Complimentary tickets will be accepted.
- Gift certificates are available for purchase online. Gift certificates can be redeemed to purchase regular admission.