Road and Lane Closures Downtown for the Legs for Literacy Marathon 2023-10-19
Location: Main Street, Canada Street, Vaughan Harvey Boulevard, and Gunningsville Bridge
Date: Sunday, Oct. 22
Time: 5 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Details: Road and lane closures downtown to accommodate the Legs for Literacy Marathon
From 5 a.m. until 3 p.m.:
- Closure of one northbound lane on Vaughan Harvey Boulevard between Canada Street and the Gunningsville Bridge.
- Closure of one northbound lane on the Gunningsville Bridge.
- Full closure of Canada Street between Main Street and Vaughan Harvey Boulevard.
- Access to retailers will be available via Canada Street, between Vaughan Harvey Boulevard and the back of the Avenir Centre. Vehicles will be permitted to enter during breaks between runners.
- Access to the Hyatt Hotel and Carrabba’s will be via Main Street.
- Closure of eastbound lanes on Main Street between Highfield Street and Lutz Street.
- Controlled access to residences and businesses will be available via Vaughan Harvey Boulevard/Assomption Boulevard and Main Street/Assomption Boulevard. Vehicles will be permitted to enter during breaks between runners.
From 6 a.m. until 9 a.m.:
- Closure of both eastbound lanes on Main Street from Lutz Street to Wheeler Boulevard.
Communications, City of Moncton