Street Closure for New Year’s Eve Family Fun Fest 2022-12-29
The City of Moncton wishes to advise the motoring public of delays or detours that will result from the street closure described below, which will be in place to accommodate the New Year’s Eve Family Fun Fest at Moncton’s Downtown Place (150 Canada St.).
From 7 a.m. on Saturday, Dec. 31 until 1 a.m. on Sunday, Jan. 1:
- Full closure of Main Street, from Weldon Street to Bonaccord Street
- Full closure of Canada Street, from the back of the Avenir Centre to Main Street
- Access to the Hyatt Hotel and Carrabba’s Restaurant: There will be controlled access to the Hyatt Hotel and Carrabba’s Restaurant parking lot. Clients of these businesses may enter Canada Street via the Vaughan Harvey Boulevard/Canada Street intersection.
The City of Moncton apologizes for any inconvenience this may cause.
The City would also like to invite residents and visitors alike are to enjoy this free, exciting event to ring in the New Year.
From 7:30 p.m. to midnight on Dec. 31, everyone is invited to come celebrate New Year’s Eve at Downtown Place where The Mellotones will headline the biggest FREE party in town! Presented by the Moncton Wildcats, the festivities will offer live music on the Atlantic Lottery Community Proud Stage, a live viewing of the Canada vs. Sweden game taking place in Halifax, fireworks, and a ball drop to ring in 2023!
- Event hours: 7:30 p.m.–midnight
- Event schedule:
- 7:30 p.m.–10 p.m.: Live viewing of Halifax game, TEAM CANADA vs. Sweden
- 10 p.m.–midnight: The Mellotones
- Midnight: Ball drop and fireworks!
- Event location: Downtown Place, 150 Canada St.
For more information on New Year’s Eve Family Fun Fest, visit moncton.ca.
Communications, City of Moncton