Outdoor Skating Rink Program
The City of Moncton is currently accepting applications from neighbourhood groups who wish to be considered for the Outdoor Rink Program. The rink location must be chosen from one of the following parks equipped with a water source. Neighbourhood groups are invited to submit their application by filling out the Outdoor Rink Program Application Form below.
2020/2021 Eligible Locations
- Lewisville Park - 45 Glenmoor Drive
- Braemar Park - 45 Centre Street
- Brentwood Park- 150 Brentwood Drive
- Prince Edward Park - 25 Burlington Avenue
- Grove Hamlet- 39 Ripplewood Road
- Canadian Heights Park- 35 Chelsea Road
- Candlewood Park- 90 Candlewood Drive
- Codiac Heights Park - 100 Olympic Crescent
- Fairview Knoll Park - 111 Fairview Knoll Drive
- Knox Park- 75 Knox Drive
- Maplehurst Park- 115 Maplehurst Drive
- Pauline Frizzell Park- 387 Salisbury Road
- Roxborough Park - 140 Barrington Crescent
- Hamilton Heights- 120 Evergreen Drive
- Westbrook Park - 16 Community Avenue
- Creek Village Park - 40 Pleasant Street
- Jonathan Park - 39 Salingro Crescent
The Community Rinks are maintained by community volunteers and are open dependent on weather.
- The rink location must be chosen from the list of parks equipped for outdoor rinks.
- City will supply and install the rink boards, provide water access via the heated water box at the park and supply a water hose.
- Rink size is 40 feet by 60 feet.
- The rink does not include a liner.
- City staff will inspect the rinks monthly to ensure safety and proper use; rinks that are not maintained are not eligible for a rink the following year.
- A minimum of 4 volunteers are needed who are committed to maintain the rink.
- Volunteers are responsible for all labour and maintenance associated with the rink.
- Deadline to submit application: Sunday, November 1, 2020.