Moncton has over 80 kilometres of park trails and dozens of interconnected neighbourhood trails that can be enjoyed year-round.Don't forget to #ShareTheTrails!
In the coming weeks, residents will notice new lines and symbols being painted on certain paved trails reminding them of proper trail etiquette to ensure that our trails can remain enjoyable for everyone. In addition to starting promotion of our #ShareTheTrail campaign on social media, the City is also encouraging residents to share photos with us on these posts in order to be entered into a draw for a City of Moncton prize package.
Let us know your favorite trail in the City by sharing a photo of you on the trails on our social media channels!
Trail Etiquette & Safety
While on trails, residents must:
- Walk, run, and cycle on the right;
- Cyclists must travel a maximum of 15 kilometres per hour;
- Wheels yield to heels – give pedestrians the right of way;
- When passing, sound a bell or use your voice and pass to the left;
- Keep pets on leash and clean up after them;
- Stay on the trail to preserve natural vegetation and private property.