Boo at the Zoo
This family friendly Halloween event features decorations throughout the Zoo’s 40 acre park and mild, moderate, and scary Halloween venues.
- View family friendly and picture worthy Halloween decorations
- Visit the Halloween venues
- Scaredy-Cats 1 venues are not scary for ages 0-7
- Scaredy-Cats 2 venues are moderately scary ages 8-13
- Scaredy-Cats 3 venues are scary for ages 14 and over
- Visit the zoo animals
- Play on giant inflatables (weather permitting)
- Play on the zoo’s playground
- Get a glitter tattoo (additional cost)
- Go on a pony ride (additional cost)
- Buy your lunch and snacks (additional cost)
- Visit the Parks Canada kiosk
- Receive a free toothbrush for children ages 0-12 years provided by Greater Moncton Dental Society (while supplies last. On October 26 & 27 only)
Dates and Hours
Dates: October 19, 20, 26 and 27, 2019
- The Halloween activities are from 11 am - 4 pm
- The Zoo is open from 10 am - 5 pm
|Ages 13-59||Ages 4-12||Ages 0-3||Ages 60 and over||*Family of four|
*Family of four = 2 people 13-59 years and 2 children 4-12 years
- Each venue is rated based on the level of scariness a visitor can expect to receive once entering the venue.
- The ratings are clearly labelled at the entrance of each venue.
- “Scaredy-cat 1” venues are not scary at all and display lots Halloween decorations (and sometimes zoo animals too).
- “Scaredy-cat 2” venues are animated with a few live actors that might make you jump once or twice.
- “Scaredy-cat 3” venues are filled with several full out scares with fully costumed live actors, spooky music, fog machines, and gory displays.
- Visitors may enter and enjoy the 2 scariest Halloween venues a maximum of 2 times per day. These 2 venues are located next to the Zoo’s canteen and are rated as “Scaredy-cat 3” venues.
Costume accessories that could cause injury to other zoo patrons are prohibited. (i.e. Fake swords, etc.)
Zoo patrons are prohibited to touch the actors animating the venues.
Zoo patrons cannot be barefoot and cannot wear face paint while playing on the inflatables.
For last minute event changes or possible cancellations, visit our Facebook page: facebook.com/zoodemagnetichillzoo