Wild Lights - Year of the Penguin
The Zoo is decked out in hundreds of thousands of holiday lights throughout its 40-acre park. This year, the spotlight is on penguins! Bring the whole family to see our new penguin-themed lights and to learn about these semi-aquatic birds this holiday season!
- View hundreds of thousands of holiday lights throughout the Zoo, including new penguin themed lights
- Learn about the plight of penguins at our public education kiosk
- Make a donation to help us raise funds for penguin research and rehabilitation in the wild
- Visit the zoo animals in the Ecodome and the Imaginarium
- Warm up at an outdoor bonfire (weather permitting)
- Enjoy snacks and hot chocolate (additional cost)
Dates and Hours
Dates: December 1 to January 5 (closed December 24 & 25)
- The holiday lights are on from 5 to 8:30 pm. (8 pm on December 31st)
- The gift shop is open from 4 to 8:30 pm.
|Ages 13-59||Ages 4-12||Ages 0-3||Ages 60 and over||*Family of four|
*Family of four = 2 people 13-59 years and 2 children 4-12 years
Complimentary tickets are accepted
Group rates are also available. Reservations must be made within 48 hours notice.
For last minute event changes or possible cancellations, visit our Facebook page: facebook.com/zoodemagnetichillzoo
Please note that visitors are not permitted to bring their dogs into the Wild Lights special event/fundraiser. Service dogs, with current vaccinations and a rabies tag visibly displayed on their collar are permitted in the Zoo.
All funds raised via the sale of penguin themed merchandize and cash donations will be donated to the Southern African Foundation for the Conservation of Costal Birds (SANCCOB) and the S.A.F.E African Penguin Conservation Project. For more information please visit, www.sanccob.co.za and https://www.aza.org/SAFE-african-penguin-conservation-projects