Block Party Program Guidelines
The Block Party Program is an initiative designed to assist community groups to organize neighbourhood get-togethers with minimal individual responsibilities. The program’s objective is to promote neighbourhood cohesiveness and provide residents an opportunity to network and enjoy some quality leisure time together.
Please read the Guidelines and complete the application form a minimum of three (3) weeks before the event. To qualify for the services for a block party, organizers must:
- Plan a family event that is open to the neighbourhood at large and takes place on City developed park land (refer to the playground locator map);
- The gathering cannot be on a City of Moncton street; street closures will not be considered in this program for liability reasons;
- The City will not consider groups from the corporate sector or any groups promoting products or services;
- If you do not qualify for a block party, refer to the plan your event section for a community event.
The type of assistance organizers can receive from Parks & Leisure Services:
- Provision of required picnic tables (maximum of 5) and garbage cans (maximum of 5) for the event, based on the availability on the event date. Inventory and resources may be limited.
PARK HOURS: Parks are closed from dusk to dawn. (City of Moncton By-Law H-302)
PETS: Please pick up after your pets and keep dogs on leash. (City of Moncton By-Law H-202)
NOISE: Sound levels must not unreasonably disturb the surrounding neighbourhood.
KEEP PARK CLEAN: Cleaning up is the responsibility of the organizers.
BBQ: Use of personal BBQ’s are permitted in the park; however, the owner must make all safety precautions prior to use, including a 10lbs ABC fire extinguisher per 20 lbs of propane on hand. As per the National Building Code, a barbecue must be at least 10 feet away from all structures, including tents.
ALCOHOL, TOBACCO AND DRUGS: Alcohol, tobacco and drugs are prohibited.
ORGANIZER LIABILITY: In signing the application form, the organizer agrees to indemnify and save harmless the City of Moncton in respect of any and all claims, demands, suits and costs arising out of any act or omission of the organizer or of any servant, agent or officer or the organizer arising out of or resulting from the use of the site by the organizer.