Individual Nomination Form
Nomination Form – Individual Player/Athlete and Builder
Instructions for nominating
To nominate an individual please fill out the form and include as much background information as possible. This can include pictures, newspaper clippings, etc. While nominees do not need to reside in Moncton, they must have:
- Competed in a physical sport or athletic competition recognized by Sport New Brunswick’s list of provincial sports or by the New Brunswick Sports Hall of Fame.
- Helped to build the sport as a coach, official, or in another capacity
- Significantly contributed to their sport or to the sporting community over an extended period of time
- Been considered outstanding in their sport or to the sporting community
ALL NOMINATIONS MUST INCLUDE:
- Consent of the nominee or, if deceased, the family or appointed representative and their current address
- Two (2) letters of recommendation to support your nomination
- Material and photographs in support of the nomination - please ensure photos submitted are high resolution quality.
- All documents must be submitted to be considered for nomination.
An eligible sport for the purpose of induction must fit into one or more of the following three criteria areas:
- It is physical, competitive and adheres to the standard rules of sport.
- It is, or has been, recognized on Sport New Brunswick’s list of provincial sports.
- A sport in which candidates qualify for induction into the New Brunswick Sports Hall of Fame.
ELIGIBILITY OF NOMINATION
PLAYER/ATHLETES: The nominee must have participated in sport or athletic competition, which has brought distinction and honour to Moncton or has made a major contribution to the development and advancement of sport in the city.
Athletes to be considered for admission must have been (or be) outstanding in their field of endeavour and/or have achieved better than average proficiency in a sport or a number of sports even if not reaching the absolute top level in any one. The label “outstanding” must be applicable over an extended period of time in competition against peer athletes. The nominee need not reside in Moncton. The nominee may be active or retired at the time of the nomination.
BUILDERS: The term builder should be defined to illustrate candidates who have contributed to the development of sport as a coach, official, administrator, executive member, or in another capacity that has benefited athletes and/or the sport.
The nominee must have attained a high level of excellence and brought recognition and honour to Moncton’s sport community through on-going dedication towards the development of players, teams or sport itself. The nominee need not reside in Moncton.
The nominee may be active or retired at the time of the nomination.