Whoa Canada! Vendor Application
Vendors who wish to be considered to take part in the July 1, 2019 Canada Day celebrations produced by the City of Moncton, in downtown Moncton, must submit this filled out form no later than Friday, April 12, 2019.
*Please note: Once the selection of vendors is complete, food vendors selected to take part in this event will be required to submit a valid public health permit (or a copy) issued by the Province of New Brunswick’s Health Protection Branch on or before May 15, 2019. The permit must be valid for the date of the event (July 1, 2019).
**Please note: Submission of this application does not guarantee acceptance.
The City of Moncton’s annual Whoa Canada! celebrations are the region’s largest and 2019 will be no exception.
Event: Canada Day Celebrations 2019
Date: Monday, July 1, 2019
|11 am – 5 pm||Children's Entertainment on Stage|
|11 pm – 8 pm||Canada Day Bouncy Games|
|11 am – 10 pm||Canada Day Vendors & Booths|
|5 pm – 9:45 pm||Official Canada Day Concert|
|10 pm – 10:15 pm||Canada Day Fireworks|
- Riverfront Parking Lot
- Riverfront Trail
- Riverfront Park (Kids’ PlayZone)
Vendor Obligations and Responsibilities
- $250 for a 10-ft x 10-ft space for one installation
- $350 for a 10-ft x 20-ft space for one installation
- $450 for a 10-ft x 30-ft space for one installation
Supply Vehicle Fees*:
- $125 for a 10-ft x 10-ft space for one supply vehicle
- $175 for a 10-ft x 20-ft space for one supply vehicle
|208v/15-amps (single phase)||per plug||$65|
|208v/20-amps (single phase)||per plug||$75|
|208v/30-amps (single phase)||per plug||$85|
|208v/40-amps (single phase)||per plug||$95|
|208v/50-amps (single phase)||per plug||$110|
|208v/60-amps (single phase)||per plug||$135|
- Maximum space alloted for one vendor's supply vehicle is 10-ft x 20-ft, where space allows.
- If a vendor has more than one installation or booth, fees will be charged for each installation.
- An invoice will be issued by the City of Moncton following the event to collect fees from vendors.
- Failure to pay vendor fees will automatically disqualify vendors from any future City of Moncton events. Vendors with outstanding invoices from past City of Moncton events will not be considered until the outstanding invoices are paid in full.
Vendors are expected to sell their products from 11 am to 10 pm on July 1, 2019.
Vendors will be assigned a time between 7 am and 9 am and must be set up by 10 am.
Vendors must be ready to sell at 11 am.
- Vendors may begin tear-down at 10:30 pm.
- No vehicles are permitted to circulate on the event site before the crowds have dispersed after the fireworks (around 10:30 pm).
- All vendors mus be off site no later than 11:30 pm to allow the City of Moncton to reopen the street and proceed with clean-up of the event site.
Tents, tables, chairs, etc. will not be provided to vendors by the City of Moncton.
All vendors are responsible for securing their own space at all times.
Public Health Permit:
All food vendors, selected to participate in Canada Day festivities, must submit a valid copy of their permit as issued by the Province of New Brunswick's Health Protection Branch no later than May 15, 2019, otherwise they will not be permitted to set up on Canada Day. The permit must be valid on the date of the event. (July 1, 2019).
Public Health Requirements:
All food vendors who do not have a sink in their installation, approved by the Province of New Brunswick's Health Protection Branch, are required to coordinate the rental of their own hand-washing station.