Wild Lights - Year of the Primates
The Zoo is decked out in hundreds of thousands of holiday lights throughout its 40-acre park. Bring the whole family to see our new primate-themed lights!
- View hundreds of thousands of holiday lights throughout the Zoo, including new primate themed lights.
- Visit the zoo animals in the Ecodome and the Imaginarium
- Make a donation to help us raise funds for primate conservation projects in Madagascar
- Warm up at an outdoor bonfire (weather permitting)
- Enjoy BeaverTails pastries, and other hot foods and drinks (additional cost, open Dec. 3-5, 10-12, 17-19, 26-31, Jan. 1-8)
- Visit the gift shop (open daily from 5-9:30 pm)
As announced by the province of New Brunswick, effective Wednesday, September 22, 2021 all visitors 12 years and older will be required to be fully vaccinated to access the Magnetic Hill Zoo.
To visit the Zoo, all visitors 12 years of age and older must:
- have received two doses of a COVID-19 vaccine; or
- be unable to receive COVID-19 vaccine for medical reasons.
Visitors must be able to show proof of vaccination or exemption upon entry. Along with your tickets, please bring your:
- Government issued photo ID
- Record of vaccination or letter of medical exemption (original, scan, photo, or results from an official online service, i.e., MyHealthNB.ca). Records may be provided on paper or on your phone.
Visitors are also required to wear a mask in all indoor buildings.
Dates, Hours, Tickets
Dates: December 2 to January 8 (closed December 24 & 25)
- We invite all Wild Lights guests to bring a non-perishable food items or cash donation when visiting on December 3 and 4. Volunteers will be collecting these donations to be given to the Food Depot Alimentaire.
Hours: From 5 pm to 9 pm. All guests must exit by 9:30 pm.
- There are four arrival sessions each evening: 5-6 pm, 6-7 pm, 7-8 pm, and 8-9 pm.
- Visitors can arrive anytime during their booked session and your visit to the event is not limited to the one hour block.
- There is a limited number of tickets available each night.
- Tickets will be available for purchase 10 days prior to each event date.
- Visitors are strongly encouraged to purchase their tickets online to guarantee their date and session time.
- Visitors may purchase their tickets upon arrival if the tickets for the current session have not been sold out.
- Tickets are non-refundable and non-transferable.
- Visitors can enjoy a 5% discount when you buy your tickets online before you leave home and use the promo code MZM5.
- Complimentary tickets are accepted.
- Do not visit the Zoo:
- If you are exhibiting any COVID-19 symptoms,
- If you have been advised that you are currently required to self-isolate,
- If you are waiting for a COVID-19 test or test results AND have been told you need to self-isolate.
- Visitors are not permitted to bring their dogs into the Zoo. Service dogs, with current vaccinations and a rabies tag visibly displayed on their collar are permitted in the Zoo.
Visitors are required to:
- Follow New Brunswick Public Health guidelines,
- Wear a mask in all indoor buildings,
- Practice social distancing,
- Practice good personal hygiene,
- Respect all safety barriers and signage,
- Refrain from smoking inside the Zoo,
- Treat the animals with respect,
- Refrain from feeding the animals.
- For last minute event changes or possible cancellations, visit our Facebook page.
- Wheelchairs are available on a first come, first serve basis. Toddler carts are not available.
- Gift certificates are available for purchase online and can be redeemed to purchase regular admission.
- All funds raised via the sale of the primate themed merchandize and cash donations will go towards the lemur conservation program of the Madagascar Fauna and Flora Group. For more information please visit, www.moncton.ca/magnetichillzoo/primates.