The City of Moncton is pleased to support local organizations through its Annual Community Grant Program. Organizations that provide support to city programs or enhance residents' quality of life may be eligible for a municipal grant. Applications for 2024 funding are now open.
New grant program
The Codiac Youth and Family Well-Being Grant Program offers grants ranging from $25,000 to $100,000 for projects executed between Jan. 1, 2024, and March 31, 2024.
Major and Multi-Year Grants- one-time annual funding or multi-year monetary funding (operational and/or capital) of $10,000 or above.
Quality of Life Grants- under $10,000 and are awarded to organizations that align with the City’s Social Inclusion Plan and/or Strategic Plan.
Immigration Grants- under $10,000, provide funding to organizations that provide services that assist in furthering the priorities in the Greater Moncton Immigration Strategy.
Cultural Grants- under $10,000 for projects that align with the City’s 2016-2026 Cultural Plan.
- Grant applications for 2024 close Friday, June 23, 2023.
- Once evaluated, recommendations are made to City Council in the fall and finalized during budget deliberations.
- Successful applicants for these grants will receive their funding during the 2024 calendar year.
- Applicants who received funding must submit a final report by the second Friday in December for that funding year. Organizations who received funding in 2023 must submit their report by Friday, Dec. 8, 2023. If a final report is not submitted, funding approved for 2024 may not be disbursed and future funding applications may not be accepted.
Organizations eligible for a City of Moncton grant are outlined in the City of Moncton Grant Policy.
Please note the following are not eligible to apply:
- government agencies
- for-profit groups
- any application aligned with any political party or to support programs or services thereof
- any application aligned with any religious affiliation, or to support programs or services thereof
- commercial ventures
- groups using the funds to operate a program, project, or operation predominantly outside of the City of Moncton
Steps to apply
- Review the grant policy, the grant streams, and your eligibility to apply.
- Download a copy of the grant application (in Word format) to help you in preparing your application. It is strongly recommended you first complete your application offline and then, when you are ready, paste your answers into your online application. Doing this also ensures you have a copy of your answers for future applications.
- Create an account on the City of Moncton website.
Note: All applicants must create a new account, even if you have had an account in the past. Accounts are kept only for the application period. You may register using the same email address you have used previously.
- Go to https://www.moncton.ca/grants/application
- Click on the "Register an Account" button.
- Enter your name and email address and create a password, then click the "Create New Account" button.
- A confirmation email will be sent to the email address you used to register. To confirm your account, click on the link in the confirmation email and log into the site.
- Complete the online application by Friday, June 23, 2023. You will be able to save a draft of your application by clicking on “save draft” at the bottom of each page of the online application form.
- Before submitting your form for consideration, you will be able to preview your application. You can also print your application at that time to keep a copy of it.
Other municipal funding
Grant requests are considered, and funding decisions made, in accordance with this Policy.