Event Application Process
What you need to plan your community event.
Here’s where you’ll find information on hosting festivals, runs, community events and more.
Before you get started:
- All events taking place on a municipal property must submit an application.
- Public events may require various permits. Please plan to apply at least 90 days before your event.
- Please familiarize yourself with our Event Guidelines before applying to hold an event.
Apply to hold a public event
When you apply online, you need to provide information about your event, including:
- Type of event.
- Event program, i.e., event details, participation/admission fees, etc.
- Event location or route.
Before you submit your event application, please check the availability of the location you wish to request for your event.
Compile your information
After you submit your application, we will follow-up with you to discuss next steps to move your event forward. We will also inform you of any permits or services you might need.
Some of the items you will need to provide include:
- A detailed site plan that clearly includes all components of the event including portable toilets, vendors, tents, activity zones, stage, lights, etc.
- Find site plans of Moncton’s Event Zones.
- Your event security plan, if applicable.
- All events held on public property require event insurance. You will need to submit a copy of your insurance certificate.
Learn more about the Event Guidelines for hosting a public event.