Winter Parking Restrictions
The City of Moncton puts winter parking restrictions in place to allow for snow clearing from Dec. 1 to April 15.
Overnight Winter Parking Ban
The approach to overnight winter parking restrictions is changing beginning Dec. 1, 2022.
Overnight parking is now permitted on most city streets except when snow-clearing and ice removal operations are expected or taking place.
Residents are responsible for staying informed on whether a parking ban is in place in their area.
- Notice of overnight parking restrictions will be issued by 4 p.m.
- On-street parking will not be permitted from midnight to 7 a.m. when restrictions are in place
- An overnight parking ban may remain active for more than one consecutive day
- Always check for updates before parking
Vehicles parked on the street when restrictions are in place risk being ticketed and towed.
Existing parking restrictions
Seasonal parking bans on narrow streets, no parking zones, or temporary winter parking bans are still in effect. Follow local signage – overnight winter parking restrictions do not override existing parking restrictions.
Find out about a parking ban
- on the Moncton Alerts dashboard
- via text or email alerts by signing up for Moncton Alerts
- on local radio stations
Parking Restriction Zones
The City is divided into three zones. Parking restrictions may be in place in one or more zones at any given time.
- Zone 1 — City-wide
- Zone 2 — Downtown
- Zone 3 — Hospitals (the area around The Moncton Hospital and the Dr. Georges-L.-Dumont University Hospital Centre)
Temporary No‑Parking Snow Clearing Areas
Moncton’s ploughing and snow hauling
policies include daytime temporary
When this sign is posted, vehicles must
be removed and park elsewhere until
the snow clearing operation is
complete and the signs removed.
Snow clearing can occur up to 24 hours
after signs have been posted.