Mayor’s Advisory Committees
The Mayor’s Youth and Seniors Advisory Committees are citizen-led volunteer groups that represent the interests of these communities to City Council.
Youth Advisory Committee
Three student representatives from each of the five local high schools: Bernice MacNaughton, Harrison Trimble, Moncton High, École L’Odyssée and Moncton Christian Academy make up the committee.
Students who apply must meet the following criteria:
- Must be City of Moncton residents;
- Must attend one of the city’s five high schools;
- Will represent a cross-section of Moncton youth;
- Must be available to attend meetings and other activities on behalf of the committee;
- Must represent themselves and not any organization or special interest group.
Seniors Advisory Committee
Members represent the interest of community seniors to the Mayor and Council. The Mayor selects committee members.
Individuals wanting to participate must meet the following criteria:
- Must be residents of the City of Moncton;
- Must be 55 years of age or older;
- Must be prepared to volunteer time and serve actively on the committee;
- Must participate as individuals and not represent any organization or special interest group.