First Aid Kit
Medical emergencies require quick access to care. Having a first aid kit on hand can help you manage until you can see a doctor.
A first aid kit is a must for homeowners. You should also have an additional one at a summer cottage or on a boat. Create a kit at home or purchase a quality one from the store. It should include:
- Two pairs of disposable gloves.
- Sterile dressings to stop bleeding.
- Cleansing agent/soap and antibiotic towelettes to disinfect.
- Antibiotic ointment.
- Burn ointment.
- Adhesive bandages in a variety of sizes.
- Eyewash solution to flush the eyes.
- Over-the-counter medicines such as pain reliever, laxative,
- Prescription medications such as insulin, EPI Pen, heart medicine,
- Prescribed medical supplies such as glucose monitoring equipment or
blood pressure monitors.