Home Emergency Kit
A home emergency kit can help your family safe when
unexpected situations occur.
Your home emergency kit should have three days worth of supplies for you and your family. Keep it in a watertight container (or large plastic garbage bag) and store it in an easily accessible place.
Your kit should include:
- A copy of important documents and phone numbers.
- Warm clothes and rain gear for each family member.
- Blanket or sleeping bag.
- Candles, matches, flashlights, battery-operated radio and extra batteries.
- Basic tools, including duct tape, hammer, nails, rope and a bungee cord.
- Chargers for mobile devices.
- Pet food.
- Personal hygiene items including toilet paper, feminine supplies, hand sanitizer and soap.
- Medications and list of medicines used.
- Non-perishable food.