The responsibility for rodent control rests with the landowner. The City of Moncton will control rodents as they appear within the street right of way or on City property.
Public Works Dispatch Centre
Rodents, especially rats, seek shelter indoors especially during the colder months. Once inside, they can create more than just an unpleasant infestation.
Rodents are known to carry bacteria and can contaminate food sources, kitchen surfaces and equipment. Rats are persistent at gnawing leading to damaged insulation, pipes, wires, etc.
Fortunately, there are ways you can proactively prevent rodent infestations in your home.
Practical Tips for Pest/Rodent Control
- Keep food in airtight containers.
- Keep shrubbery trimmed and cut back from the house.
- Place outdoor garbage bags in bins with securely fitted lids.
- Install door sweeps and repair damaged screens.
- Repair and fill any holes or small openings on the exterior of the home.
- Repair any roof damage.
- Screen drains, vents, and chimneys.
- Store firewood at least 20 feet away from the house.
|Action Pest Control
|Extermination Acadia Pest Control
|KNM Pest Control Services
|Prop Docs Pest Control Services
|Rentokil Steritech Canada